The Montessori Mission
10 Montessorians – 10 Questions- 10 Communities – 10 Perspectives
Hosted by: Charlotte Awdry, Montessori Trainer, founder of Enriching Environments & mother of two
Welcome to this unique podcast series, ‘The Montessori Mission’.
Hosted by myself, Charlotte Awdry, my mission is to show 10 different voices, perspectives and aspects of Montessori around the world, and the richness it brings in diverse Communities.
During this series, I’ll be asking 10 Montessorians from around the world the same 10 questions to invite discussion and introspection in all of us.
Is this Montessori podcast for you?
If you are interested in Montessori but feel that it’s not for you as you do not fit the ‘stereotype’ of a Montessori family, then this series is definitely for you. The intention I hold for us all is to be able to provide our audience with a diverse range of Montessori experiences, across the different age groups, cultures, neuro-diverse and neuro-typical children. We are all here to invite to Montessori as a way of life to create a more peaceful and harmonious world.
I am so honoured and grateful for each of my guests for taking the time to speak to me, and although I’m going to keep the full list of guests a surprise, for now, I can offer a little teaser by way of letting you know that my first three guests are auspicious Montessorians; Jeanne-Marie Paynel, host of The Art of Parenting podcast and founder of Your Parenting Mentor (@jeannemariepaynel), Akshatha, Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator (maanvi_and_me), and Nusaibah Macadam, Montessori Teacher, Trainer and Consultant and Principal of Rumi Montessori School, (rumi_montessori). Three very different perspectives on the beautiful and essential work of Montessori – I’m so excited I could pop!
I am super thrilled for you all to hear these voices of the Montessori Mission.
The 10 Questions I will be exploring with my 10 Montessorians are:
- What does Montessori mean to you?
- What was your first lightbulb moment on your Montessori path?
- In what ways does Montessori enrich the work that you do?
- When was the first time a child taught you something about yourself that you weren’t aware of?
- When was the last time a child taught you something about yourself that you weren’t aware of?
- When was the last time a child caught you out of integrity and questioned you on it?
- How did you explain yourself?
- What is your favourite Dr Montessori quote?
- What is your deepest desire for Montessori in the future?
- What do you see your role is, in achieving this?
Montessori mission podcast calendar:
Episode 7 to 10, Montessori Mission Podcast
Dates tbc – Speaker to be revealed