The Montessori Mission
10 Montessorians – 10 Questions- 10 Communities – 10 Perspectives
Hosted by: Charlotte Awdry, Montessori Trainer, founder of Enriching Environments & mother of two
Welcome to this unique podcast series, ‘The Montessori Mission’.
Hosted by myself, Charlotte Awdry, my mission is to show 10 different voices, perspectives and aspects of Montessori around the world, and the richness it brings in diverse Communities.
During this series, I ask 10 Montessorians from around the world the same 10 questions to invite discussion and introspection in all of us.
Over ten episodes of The Montessori Mission Podcast we talk to: Jeanne-Marie Paynel, host of The Art of Parenting podcast and founder of Your Parenting Mentor; Akshatha Chandrakanth, Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator; Nusaibah Macadam, Montessori Teacher, Trainer and Consultant and Principal of Rumi Montessori School; Trisha Moquino, co-founder of the Keres Children’s Learning Center (KCLC) and advocate for the Keres and Indigenous people around the world; Barbara Isaacs, President of Montessori Europe and co-founder of Montessori Musings; Barbara Isaacs, President of Montessori Europe and co-founder of Montessori Musings; Pilar Bewley, Founder of Mainly Montessori; Tatenda Blessing Muchiriri, Member Board Of Directors at Moon & Stars Foundation; Ochuko Prudence Daniels, Founder of Momahill Montessori in Lagos and Sid Mohandas, Founder of The Male Montessorian and Montistory.
Is this Montessori podcast for you?
If you are interested in Montessori but feel that it’s not for you as you do not fit the ‘stereotype’ of a Montessori family, then this series is definitely for you. The intention I hold for us all is to be able to provide our audience with a diverse range of Montessori experiences, across the different age groups, cultures, neuro-diverse and neuro-typical children. We are all here to invite to Montessori as a way of life to create a more peaceful and harmonious world.
The 10 Questions we explore are:
- What does Montessori mean to you?
- What was your first lightbulb moment on your Montessori path?
- In what ways does Montessori enrich the work that you do?
- When was the first time a child taught you something about yourself that you weren’t aware of?
- When was the last time a child taught you something about yourself that you weren’t aware of?
- When was the last time a child caught you out of integrity and questioned you on it?
- How did you explain yourself?
- What is your favourite Dr Montessori quote?
- What is your deepest desire for Montessori in the future?
- What do you see your role is, in achieving this?
The Montessori Mission podcast
View all the episodes below, or listen and watch on my Youtube or iTunes channel. Subscribe to get more free Montessori parenting tips. Sign up for my newsletter to get notified when all my content is released.