Material: Unvarnished beech wood
Size: 3.5-inch/8.5 cm
Ages suitable: 6 months upwards
Designed specifically for small hands, The Enriching Environments Montessori Toddler Safe Wooden Knife provides a safe opportunity for your child to actively participate in food preparation. Naturally supporting your child in their understanding of where our food comes from, and in turn, fostering a healthy relationship with food and eating from an early age.
Made from unvarnished beech wood, the 3.5-inch wooden knife has a slightly curved blade, making it a handy scoop too. Safe for all sorts of use from chopping food to sensory play with playdough, it’s perfect for those little hands who want to learn by autonomy, connection and involvement.
Benefits of using a toddler safe knife:
- Completely safe for a baby or young child to mouth, bite, use and explore freely
- Child-sized and ergonomically designed, perfect for little hands
- Cultivates an interest in food preparation
- Nurtures a love of fresh, ‘real’ food – Supports ﬁne motor skills, hand eye coordination and hence the concentration
- Promotes autonomy – the more freedom a child is given in doing real tasks for themselves the more they want to
- Naturally, invites the child to eat and to enjoy the richness of the food experience – who doesn’t feel compelled to taste the delicious juicy watermelon when they cut it?!
- Allows them to be involved with the cooking experience with a carer, fostering collaboration and strengthening connection
- Reduces picky eating as the child becomes an active participant in the joy of eating!