Charlotte, a qualified Montessori teacher and founder of Enriching Environments, with a mission to help parents and caregivers apply the Montessori at-home approach to everyday life. For over 10 years Charlotte has helped parents and caregivers bring joy to home life with young children. Her teachings, Montessori workshops and tools allow you to give this important time the attention it deserves, but with an air of playfulness. Passionate about raising humans, her teachings aim to inspire you to create environments that nourish your children in mind, body and spirit.
This course is an invitation into the world of Montessori Living; the essentials of how you can create an Enriching Environment in your home during the early years. For babies Piccolini (toddlers) and pre-schoolers.
Modules: Six, released weekly
- One video
- A downloadable homework pack
- An affirmation pack
Working with the three elements of each module will enable you to maximise your learning experience. And you can check into our community forum to meet other like-minded parents.
So, if you are ready for this holistic, nurturing and respectful parenting path, then I can’t wait for you to join our tribe of like-minded spirits.
- Module 1 – What is an Enriching Environment? What is the Montessori method? What is our ‘one thing’ to know as we embark upon a new path for ourselves and our family? Awakening our powers of observationso as to learn from our children.
- Module 2 – Simple-ordered-beautiful-accessible: how to set up your home environment: We’ll look at how to prepare our environments in a simple, beautiful, accessible ordered way that respects your culture and lifestyle and serves the needs of your young child.
- Module 3 – Free movement, play and exploration: the importance and value of this during the early years. How to set up an environment that promotes play and freedom of movement, which is so vital for babies and young children, even from the first few months of life.
- Module 4 – Simple choices and self-discipline. Providing a home environment that fosters a child’s independence and sense of being capable. We’ll look at how to offer choices, and how to prepare the environment that will support them in making choices as they grow. We’ll offer a new perspective on discipline, as something to be developed within our children.
- Module 5 – Rich language and positive communication. Module 5 is ALL about the way that we speak to our children. And this is from two different perspectives; Through books, songs, poetry and storytelling, and through the language we use in order to address our children, the way we speak to them. I will offer some techniques on how to weave positive language into our everyday conversations so that empowering through words becomes second nature.
- Module 6 – Bringing it all together. We will draw together all of our learning from the course, creating a beautiful web comprised of our new skills, knowledge and confidence. Allowing us to see the bigger picture of how all of the elements previously discussed entwine to make up an Enriching Environment. You will also get a few extra techniques thrown in too!
I’ll see you on the course!
Not quite ready yet?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get Montessori-led parenting advice direct to your inbox.